- Chicken Thighs (Bone-in & skin on 3-4 pieces)
- Mushroom (8 oz, sliced; you can use any variety of your choice)
- Garlic (1 tablespoon minced)
- White Wine (1/2 cup)
- Chicken Stock (1/2 cup; you can also use water if times are tough)
- Heavy Cream (1/2 cup)
- Parmesan Cheese (1/2 cup)
- Onion (1 medium sized finely chopped)
- Parsley (finely chopped; I was out of the fresh parsley so used 1/2 tablespoon of dried parsley)
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (1/2 teaspoon; optional)
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic Powder (2 teaspoon)
- Dried Thyme (1 teaspoon)
- Red pepper flakes (1/2 tablespoon or as per taste; I used smoked ghost pepper flakes)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Olive oil
Marinate the chicken thighs with salt, pepper, paprika, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, dried thyme and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
In a pan add some oil and add the marinated chicken skin side down and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side on medium heat. Once cooked set aside the chicken.
In the same pan add onion and cook for 4-5 minutes and then add the garlic; cooking for 30 seconds and then adding the mushrooms. Cook for another 5 minutes and then add the white wine and continue cooking till the wine is reduced to half.
At this point add the stock and bring it to simmer and then move the chicken pieces back into the pan, also adding any gathered juices from the chicken. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes on medium-low heat.
Now add the parsley and cook for another 10-15 seconds and then stir in the cream an dbring to simmer. Add the cheese and allow it to melt and cook for another 2 minutes and then turn off the heat and dust over the dried fenugreek leaves if you decide to use it.