- Garlic (2-3, finely sliced)
- Ginger (1 inch, finely chopped)
- Onion (1, finely chopped)
- Bell pepper (1, finely diced)
- Carrot (1, cut into bite size pieces)
- Egg (2, beaten)
- Spam (1 can, cut into small pieces)
- Rice (2 cups, cooked)
- Soy sauce (1-2 tablespoon)
- Rice vinegar (1 tablespoon)
- Oyster sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Sesame Oil (1-2 teaspoon)
- Sesame seeds (for garnish)
- Vegetable Oil
Put a wok on the hob and once the wok is hot add couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil add then throw in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds and then add the chopped ginger and cook for additional 10-15 seconds. Now, add the onions and saute it.
Once the onions turn translucent, add the carrot and bell pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes. Now add the spam and cook for 5-7 minutes (add more vegetable oil if required). Move the spam and the veggies to one side of the wok.
Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and then add it to the wok and once it starts to cook, scramble it and then mix the veggies and the spam with it.
Add the cooked rice into wok and give it a nice stir to mix the spam mixture and rice together.
Now, add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, oyster sauce and stir it well and finish it off with some sesame oil.
Serve the rice in a bowl with a sprinkle of sesame seeds on top.