- Eggs (4)
- Potatoes (2 large; diced)
- Tomatoes (2 large; finely diced)
- Tomato paste (1 tablespoon)
- Onion (1 medium; finely chopped)
- Garlic (1 teaspoon; minced)
- Green chilies (4-6; finely sliced; optional based on spice required)
- Ground Cumin (1/2 tablespoon)
- Dried fenugreek (1 teaspoon; optional)
- Cilantro (finely chopped; for garnish)
- Jalapeno (sliced; for garnish)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
In a pan, add some fat on medium heat and once hot add the diced potatoes. Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and cook for 7-8 minutes stirring constantly to avoid the potatoes from sticking to the pan.
Once the potatoes have a nice golden brown color to it, add the onions and cook for a couple of minutes before adding in the chili (if using any) and garlic and cooking another couple of minutes.
Add the tomatoes and the tomato paste and give it all a mix and cook for 3-4 minutes. Season with the ground cumin, salt and pepper and give it a mix.
Make wells and crack eggs into it. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes on low-medium flame or until the eggs have cooked through. Season the eggs lightly with salt & pepper.
In another pan, toast the dried fenugreek (if using) on low heat for 90 seconds and then crush it with your fingers.
Garnish the eggs with crushed dried fenugreek (if using), sliced jalapenos and cilantro.
Serve it with toasted bread.