- Eggs (2)
- Whole Milk Greek Yogurt (1/2 cup)
- Garlic (2 cloves minced)
- Sea salt (preferred or else use regular salt)
- Olive oil (1 tbsp)
- Allepo Pepper (or regular red chili flakes)
- Lemon Juice
- Dill (chopped)
- Fill a sauce pan with water and bring it to boil. Place the yogurt in a heat-proof bowl and place the bowl on top of the sauce pan. Make sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl. Stir in the garlic and salt . Cook and stir the yogurt till it gains a nice creamy consistency. Keep the bowl aside.
- In a pan, melt the butter over medium heat and once the butter gains a nice golden brown shade, add the olive oil and the allepo pepper and set aside.
- Crack a egg in a tea strainer and place it over a cup or a bowl. Let all the watery bits of the egg drain out and then carefully move the egg into a small cup. Add a teaspoon of lemon juice.
- In a large skillet bring water to boil and then keep it on low heat so there is no movement in the water. Carefully slide in the eggs and let it cook till the whites are set. Using a slotted spoon scoop out the egg and place it on a paper towel to remove any excess water.
- To serve, first spoon in the yogurt and then carefully place the poached eggs on top of it and finally drizzle the peppery butter and sprinkle the chopped dill.
- I like to serve it with french baguette toasted with a drizzle of olive oil and a nice rub of garlic on it. You can always use any bread of your choice.