- Chicken (Boneless cut into cube size)
- Tomato (2 medium sized)
- Onions (2-3 medium sized)
- Turmeric powder (2 tsp)
- Red chili powder (3-4 tbsp)
- Ginger garlic paste (2 tbsp)
- Chicken Masala/Garam Masala (2-3 tbsp)
- Lemon juice (2-3 tbsp)
- Heavy Cream
- Cashew nuts (soaked)
- Kasoori methi (Dried Fenugreek leaves)
- Put the chicken in a bowl and add salt, turmeric powder (1tsp), chili powder (2 tbsp), ginger garlic paste (1 tbsp), Chicken masala (1 tbsp), yogurt, lemon juice.
- Keep this aside for at least 20-30 minutes,. However, leaving the chicken for marination overnight will make things even better.
- In a hot pan add butter and some oil so that the butter doesn’t get burnt, once hot add the onions.
- Once the onions have turned translucent, add ginger garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Now add all of these into a blender along with the cashew nuts and blend it to a fine paste.
- Add the paste back to the pan and cook it for 2 minutes
- Add the remaining chili, turmeric, and chicken masala. Also, add some salt to taste.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan.
- Cook it for 5 minutes and then add warm water to cover the chicken. Cook for another 15 – 20 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the kasoori methi in a dry pan for a minute or two at the most and crush them as finely as possible with your fingers and keep it aside.
- Now add the heavy cream and the toasted kasoori methi and cook for another minute.