- Spam (Luncheon meat)
- Jasmine Rice
- Rice Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Oyster Sauce
- Nori (Dried Seaweed)
- Take two cups of jasmine rice in a bowl and rinse the rice a couple of times. Bring two cups of water to boil and add the rice into it and cook till all the water is soaked usually takes 10-15 minutes.
- Once cooked add 6 tablespoons of rice vinegar to it and mix it well and keep it aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, slice a can of spam into 10 equal pieces and fry them in a pan (I used bacon fat you can use oil or butter), two minutes on each side.
- In a sauce pan add two cups of soy sauce and bring it to boil and add a tablespoon of Oyster Sauce and a cup of sugar. Stir it until all the sugar is dissolved. Add a splash of sesame oil and take it off heat.
- Once the spam slices are grilled put them directly into the soy sauce.
- Once all 10 slices are cooked and soaking up the salty goodness, take a pack of Nori and break it into half and set it aside.
- You can use Spam Musubi press to mush down the rice into a perfect patty which probably is the most easiest way to do it. However if you don’t wanna spend money on that; here’s what I did: I used the spam can and pestle. First make sure you clean the spam container clean and dry it out. Scoop some rice and put it in the container, using the wider end of the pestle press down the rice and then flip the pestle and use the narrow side of the pestle to go around the edges of the container and mush down the rice. Flip the container and bang the rice out.
- Place the rice patty on one half of the nori and then place a slice of the marinated spam and roll it up.