- Yogurt (32 oz)
- Onions (2 medium-sized thinly sliced)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tbsp)
- Curry Leaves
- Dried Red Chilies (2-3)
- Mustard seeds (1 1/2 tsp)
- Red Chili Powder (1/2 tbsp)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Coriander Powder (1 tbsp)
- Asafoetida Powder (Hing) (1/4 tsp)
- Salt (To Taste)
- Add the yogurt into a blender and blend it till it has a thinner consistency.
- Add oil in a pan and once the oil is heated up; add the mustard seeds (1 tsp) and let it pop.
- Once the mustard seeds have started popping, add the onions and saute it on medium heat till it has a nice golden brown color.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute it for 30 seconds and then add the curry leaves and cook it for 10 seconds.
- Add the powdered spices (Red chili, turmeric, coriander, asafoetida) and some salt and cook it for a minute or two.
- Turn the heat to low and add the yogurt and mix it well. Cook it for 2 minutes while stirring continuously and turn off the heat.
- In a separate pan, add a tablespoon of oil and once it is heated add the remaining mustard seeds and once it starts popping add the dried red chilies. Cook it for 30 seconds and then pour it over the yogurt and mix it. Check for seasoning and serve it with rice.