- Eggs (4 – 5 hard boiled)
- Onion (1 large thinly sliced)
- Tomato (1 medium sized chopped)
- Garlic (3-4 thinly sliced)
- Ginger (1/4 teaspoon grated)
- Green chilies (1-2 finely sliced)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Heavy cream (1/4 cup)
- Chili powder (1 tablespoon)
- Coriander powder ( 1 tablespoon)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 teaspoon)
- Cumin seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Kasuri methi (1/2 tablespoon; optional)
- Salt (to taste)
In a hot pan, add oil and then add the cumin seeds and let it crackle and then add the garlic, green chilies and the grated ginger and cook till the raw smell goes away.
Add the onions and cook till they are translucent. At this point, add the tomato and cook till the tomatoes turn mushy.
Once the tomatoes are cooked; add the powdered spices (chili, turmeric, coriander) and cook for 20 – 30 seconds.
Add the hard boiled eggs into the pan and coat it with the masala and then add water to cover the eggs. Cook for 5 -7 minutes on medium flame and then add the milk and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Turn of the heat and add the heavy cream and stir it and finally add toasted kasuri methi. Serve it with rice or flat bread.