- Salmon (2-3 pounds; pin-boned and scaled)
- Chili Powder (2 tablespoons)
- Garlic Powder (1-2 tablespoons)
- Thyme (1 tablespoon)
- Rosemary (1 tablespoon)
- Onion (2; peeled and cut into wedges)
- Bell Peppers (3 different colors; cored and cut into chunks)
- Broccoli (cut into florets)
- Capers (2 teaspoons)
- Avocado (2 large; peeled, pitted and diced)
- Cilantro (a bunch; chopped)
- Lime (2)
- Red Chili (1; finely chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Salt (to taste)
Preheat the oven to 250oF/120oC.
Mix the chili powder, garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, zest of one lime and the juice and olive oil along with a nice pinch of salt.
Toss the bell peppers, onions and broccoli with half the spice paste and place it in a baking tray and roast them for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, brush over the remaining spice paste on both sides of the salmon and let it sit till the we pull the vegetables out.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and then move them to the sides and place the fish skin side down and scatter the capers over the fish.
Turn up the heat to 400oF/200oC. Once the oven reaches the desired internal temperature. Place the tray in for 25 minutes.
For the salsa, mix together the avocado, chili, cilantro, lime juice and salt.
Serve the salmon with the vegetables and the avocado salsa and some lime wedges.
One Comment Add yours