- Onion (1 large-sized thinly sliced)
- Tomato (3-4 medium-sized chopped)
- Garlic (2-3 thinly sliced)
- Sausage (6 links) (You can use any sausage to your taste I prefer Chorizo or Italian hot sausage)
- Black beans (or Pinto beans) (400 gm canned)
- Plain flour (1 tbsp)
- Kale (1 bunch)
- Chicken Stock (500 ml)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Crushed Red Chilies (1-2 tbsp)
- Bay Leaf
In a large stock pot, add a tablespoon of oil and then add the sausages and cook for 5-10 minutes on medium heat and keep it aside in a plate.
In the same pot, add the onions and cook for 5-7 minutes or until softened.
Add garlic and then peel 3 strips of lemon and add it to the pot along with crushed red chilies, cumin seeds and bay leaf. Cook for 1-2 minutes
Add the chopped tomatoes and cook it till the tomatoes become mushy.
Chop the sausages and add it to the pot with plain flour. Then add the stock and bring it to simmer. Cook it for 20 minutes.
Chop the Kale and add it to the pot and cook for 5 minutes.