- Minced beef/lamb (1 pound)
- Onion (1 large; finely chopped)
- Green chilies (2-3 finely chopped)
- Tomato puree (3 tomatoes)
- Cumin Seeds (1 teaspoon)
- Bay Leaves (2 leaves)
- Cloves (5-6)
- Cardamon (1-2 pods)
- Ginger & Garlic Paste (1 tablespoon)
- Turmeric Powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Chili Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Coriander Powder (1 tablespoon)
- Garam Masala (1 tablespoon)
- Mint Leaves (finely chopped)
- Cilantro (finely chopped)
- Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Heavy cream (1 cup)
In a wok or frying pan heat some oil and then add the butter and let it melt. As the butter starts melting add cumin seeds, bay leaves, cloves and cardamon and cook for 10 – 15 seconds.
Add the chopped onions and cook till they have a golden brown color and then add the ginger and garlic paste and cook them till the raw smell is gone off.
Now add the green chilies and the dry spices (turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder and the garam masala). Saute it for 5-10 seconds and mix in the tomato puree. Once the tomato puree is cooked well, add the mint leaves and the cilantro and the minced meat and give it all a good stir. Season it with some salt and cook on medium high heat.
After 10 minutes add the heavy cream and give it a mix and continue cooking for another 10 minutes till the meat is cooked all the way through.
Garnish it with more chopped cilantro and serve it with rice or dinner rolls.