- Salmon (2 lbs)
- Malabar Tamarind (2-3 piece)
- Curry Leaves
- Mustard seeds (1 tsp)
- Onion (2-3 medium-sized sliced)
- Ginger Garlic Paste (1 tbsp)
- Red Chili Powder (3-4 tbsp)
- Corriander Powder (1 tbsp)
- Asafoetida Powder (Hing) (1/4 tsp)
- Turmeric Powder (2 tsp)
- Water (7-8 cups)
- Salt (To taste)
- Oil (Preferably vegetable oil/ sunflower oil)
- Coconut oil (1tsp) (optional)
- In a bowl, season the fish with salt and add 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder and asafoetida powder. Add the curry leaves and the Malabar tamarind. Keep this aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Add oil in a pan and once the oil is heated up; add the mustard seeds and let it pop.
- Once the mustard seeds have started popping, add the onions and saute it till it has a nice golden brown color.
- Add the ginger and garlic paste and saute it for 30 seconds.
- Add the ground spices (turmeric powder, coriander powder, and red chili powder) and some salt. Mix it all well and cook for a minute.
- Add water to the mixture and bring it to simmer. Add the marinated fish and cover the pan and let it cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Check for seasoning and add the coconut oil. Serve it with rice or flatbread (roti).
One Comment Add yours