- Onion (3 Large thinly sliced)
- Gram flour (1 1/2 cup)
- Green Chilies (4-5 thinly sliced)
- Turmeric Powder (1/2 tsp)
- Chili Powder (1 tsp)
- Cumin seeds (1 tsp)
- Salt (to taste)
- Oil (Sunflower/ Vegetable/ Canola)
- Mint leaves (optional) (2 tbsp finely chopped)
In a deep pan add oil and let it heat.
In a bowl, combine the onions, gram flour, green chilies, chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, salt (to taste) and mix it together. Add little water if required.
Once the oil is heated add small portions of the onion mix and deep fry it till it attains a golden brown shade and then scoop it out of the oil and transfer it on to a paper napkin to get rid of any excess oil.
Serve it with mint chutney. (Recipe for the mint chutney is available in the Potato bhajia post)