- Chickpeas (16 oz, I used canned)
- Spinach (2 cups)
- Garlic (6-7, sliced)
- Black cardamom (1-2)
- Green cardamom (1-2)
- Cloves (3-4)
- Peppercorns (3-4)
- Bay leaf (2-3)
- Onion (2 medium finely chopped or you could use onion paste)
- Tomato paste (2 tablespoons)
- Green chilies (1-2; sliced into halves)
- Coriander powder (1 tablespoon)
- Chili powder (1 tablespoon)
- Cumin powder (1 tablespoon)
- Garam masala (1 teaspoon)
- Ghee (1-2 tablespoons; optional)
- Salt (to taste)
In a hot pan, add some oil, and once it is hot, add the black cardamom, green cardamom, cloves, peppercorns, bay leaf and let it cook for 30 seconds.
Add the garlic and green chilies and cook for another minute before adding in the chopped onions. Cook the onions till they are translucent. Add the tomato paste and mix it all together and cook for a couple of minutes.
Mix in the ground spices (coriander, chili, cumin, and garam masala) and mix it all together and cook till the raw smell of the ground spices go away,
Drain out the liquid from the canned chickpeas and then add the chickpeas into the pan and stir it all together so the chickpeas are coated well. Season with some salt.
Add lukewarm water to cover the chickpeas and stir it all well and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat. Now add the spinach and let it wilt and stir occasionally.
3 Comments Add yours
Thank you. It indeed was.
LikeLiked by 1 person